Air fryer Chicken Wings Recipe in 10 Simple Steps
Last Updated on
I know that a lot of people love chicken wings in a variety of ways. And that chicken wings are a real traditional fan fare of a snack when people are up to watching football games and other sports. They are also great for a family meal, a snack when you have someone drop by and more. How it sounds if you get an easy air fryer chicken wings recipe?
They are great to make to take to work in your lunch as well. So you are going to love the recipe that I share here with you that is called, Sweet Korean Style Wings with a Kick. Yes, there are many air fryer chicken wings recipes out there, but this one is special and is a real crowd pleaser. I highly recommend it to you.
The good news is that these chicken wings can be prepared in an air fryer. There are many studies that show that using an air fryer really can save you a lot of problems with your health when you cook with it on a regular basis.
For example, you will not be consuming as much fat, because you do not need as much oil to fry your food as you do with other traditional cooking devices. This is much better for your heart over all. This is better for your cholesterol and diabetes. Also better for your liver, arteries and intestines.
To make this wonderful, mouth-watering recipe that is so delicious, you will need:
- 3 pounds of chicken wings that have been cut into pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt to sprinkle on the wings
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper to sprinkle on the wings
- 1/3 cup of soya sauce, mushroom flavored if available (But plain will do)
- 4 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1/3 cup of pomegranate juice & 3 tablespoons of white grape juice
- 2/3 cup of green tea in liquid form
- 1 & 3/4 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 2 & 1/4 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons of minced garlic from a jar
- 1/4 cup of candied ginger, chopped
- 2 green onions diced
Cooking Direction For Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe
- Be sure to preheat your air fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Be sure to sprinkle the salt and pepper on the wings.
- Place half of the chicken wings in the fryer basket and then insert the basket into the air fryer. You will want to cook these chicken wings until the skin is browned well and crisped nicely, which will take about twenty five to twenty seven minutes.
- Do open the basket two or three times during the cooking period in order to be able to turn the wings with your tongs.
- Transfer them to a platter and cook the remaining wings.
- Add all the ingredients for the sauce, except the green onions, into a large enough sauce pan. Mix them with a wooden spoon gently.
- Bring the sauce to a boil. Then reduce the heat to a low simmer.
- Add the chicken wings that you have already previously cooked.
- Continue with the simmering of the sauce for six to seven minutes more. Do be careful to make sure that all the wings are generously coated with the sauce.
- Place the wings on a platter and sprinkle the green onions on top. Serve and enjoy. Note that you will need lots of napkins for sticky fingers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will the chicken still taste good if it is cooked in an air fryer?
-Yes, the chicken will be delicious. It is crispy on the outside just the way you like it and also moist and juicy on the inside.
Will the air fryer overheat and burn my chicken?
-The air fryer stays at the temperature that you set it at, so it cannot overheat. The food will not burn if you check on it and take it out of the fryer at the time that it looks done as recommended by the recipes that you use.
For sure, your air fryer chicken wings will hypnotize your guests or family members – to whom you actually serve this dish. Also read our other hot air fryer recipes,specially most read french fry recipe.