In the discussions that follow, the top California fish grill recipes are going to be explored and explained in details. The aim of the discussion is to aid food enthusiasts to prepare great dishes for your family & kids.
All the recipes we are describing here are restaurant standard but you can cook it at home & wonder your neighbors with the yummy flavor & taste.
Top 3 CALIFORNIA FISH GRILL RECIPES
1. Grilled California Fish Tacos
- One medium-sized red onion
- Half-cup cider vinegar
- Quarter-cup sugar
- Seven table spoons divided fresh lime juice
- Quarter-cup chopped cilantro
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- One and a quarter-pound (one-inch thick) tuna steak or skinless Mahimahi fillet that is cut into twelve pieces
- Two-thirds-cup mayonnaise
- Two-thirds-cup Crema and/or sour cream
- Twelve (six-inch) corn tortillas
- Six to eight radishes
- One to two (six to eight ounces) firm and ripe avocados
- Four cups of green and thinly-sliced cabbages (Half-small head)
- Equipment needed: Adjustable-blade slicer; Twelve (six-to-eight-inch) wooden skewers that are soaked in water for about thirty (30) minutes
- Accompaniments: lime wedges
- Slice the onions crosswise (into rings) using a slicer.
- Place the vinegar, the sugar, and the half-teaspoon salt into a small heavy nonreactive saucepan and heat them.
- Remove them from the heat and then stir in onion.
- Let it stand until it is ready to use (about twenty-five minutes).
- Stir the quarter-cup lime juice together along with the cilantro, oil, and the half-teaspoon salt.
- Add the fish and toss it to coat. Follow this by marinating at room temperature for fifteen minutes.
- Whisk the mixture together with mayonnaise, the crema, the half-teaspoon salt, as well as the remaining three tablespoons of lime juice to make the sauce.
- Preheat a gas grill with its burners on high, cover for ten minutes, and then reduce the heat to medium-high.
- Fasten each piece of fish onto a skewer. Wrap the exposed parts of each skewer in a heavy-duty foil in order to shield them from charring.
- Wrap the tortillas in 2-foil packages and then warm on the grill, turning only once, for about three minutes in total.
- Oil grill the rack and then grill the fish. With the fish sealed, turn only once, until it becomes obscure and just cooked through, for mahi-mahi, for around 6 minutes in total. Alternatively, cook until it is just pink in the center, for tuna, for around 4 minutes.
- Slice the radishes very slim by use of a slicer. Halve, peel, and pit the avocados, after which you are to cut them into half-inch-thick slices. Drain the onions thereafter.
- Serve the fish with tortillas, or cream sauce, or onions, and the remaining toppings.
Also Read: Cook Frozen Mozzarella Sricks in Air Fryer
2. California Cajun Grilled Fish Fillets
Image by waterkayaks.com
- California Cajun Grilled Fish Fillets
- Four, 150 g pink ling fish fillets
- Two teaspoons of Master food's hot Cajun seasoning
- Spray olive oils
- 200 g of Perinea tomatoes
- One Romaine lettuce with the inner leaves torn
- 1 tablespoon of pine nuts
- One third-cup mango chili dressing
- Lemon cheeks
- Sprinkle one side of the fish lightly with the right seasoning after which you are to spray with oil.
- Heat the large non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat.
- Cook the fish, spice the side down, for around 2.5 minutes, then spray the top side with spices and oil.
- Flip and then cook for around another 2.5 minutes or until the flesh flakes off easily when tested using a fork.
- Transfer it to a plate and then set-aside.
- Add tomatoes to the pan and then cook for another two minutes, or until it is softened slightly.
- Divide the lettuce among the various serving plates and top it with fish and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the food with pine nuts and then drizzle with a little dressing thereafter.
- Serve the food with lemon cheeks and the remaining dressing on the side.
Click Here to get Kitchen Remodeling Tips.
3. California Grilled Halibut with Jicama Salsa
- Two cups of peeled and chopped Jicama
- One tablespoon of fresh and chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- Half-teaspoon of chili powder
- A quarter-teaspoon of salt
- One medium-sized peeled and chopped cucumber
- One medium-sized peeled and chopped orange
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- Two tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- Half-teaspoon of dried thyme
- Half-teaspoon of dried basil
- An eighth-teaspoon of dried Rosemary
- Three (6-ounce) Halibut fillets
- Mix all the Jicama salsa ingredients in a bowl, cover them and then refrigerate for around two hours.
- Place the fish fillets into a large yet shallow glass baking dish.
- Whisk the mixture together with olive oil, lime juice, and herbs.
- Pour marinade over the fish, cover it, and then refrigerate for two to four hours.
- Preheat, barbecue or gas-grill the mixture.
- Oil the grilling rack, and then adjust the heights to between four-to-six inches from the heat.
- Remove the fish from the marinade, and then place on the grill.
- Cook for ten minutes-per-inch of thickness, or until the fish flakes with a fork.
- Turn it once to brown all the sides.
- Serve the fish with Jicama salsa.
Obviously, there are several other great California fish grill recipes which, owing to the limitations of space, could not be exhaustively discussed. With so many fish recipes in existence, best fish finders of this kind is by all means necessary. The information provided should thus be treated as the starting point for subsequent research, not an end in itself.
Also, Read Air fryer fish recipes
Last Updated on June 25, 2021 by smartkitchenpicks