Last Updated on January 10, 2021 by smartkitchenpicks
Clementine Loaf…..Wow!!!! Have you guys seen the movie, Walter Mitty? If you have, you’re awesome and if not you need to see it ASAP! I saw it in theaters last winter and have been obsessed ever since.
Besides being a gorgeous feel-good film, it also has some stunning food inspo. In particular, an amazing clementine cake.
Ever since seeing the film, I have been dying to try it out for myself and was beyond excited when I finally had the chance! Now, this isn’t a traditional clementine cake (loaf?).
It has a few secret ingredients and, I decided to make it into a bread because who doesn’t love eating their dessert in bread form? Basically, you guys are going to love this!
To start off, place the clementines in a medium-sized pot and cover completely with water. Bring to a boil, and let sit for about two hours (this will make your house smell amazing!).
Once ready, drain and blend in a food processor until smooth. Set the blended clementines aside and start working on the dough. In a large bowl, add the freshly ground almonds, almond flour, sugar, baking powder, blended clementines, and eggs and whisk together until well combined.
To make this bread extra special (and delicious), I decided to add a 1/2 a cup of vanilla eggnog to the batter and, let me tell you, it makes this bread SO moist.
The flavor is very subtle (breathe a sigh of relief all of you eggnog haters), but it adds a richness and aroma that takes me right back to my mother’s kitchen. This bread is killer.
Set aside two bread pans, butter and line with parchment paper and add half of the clementine loaf mixture to each pan. Preheat the oven to 375 and bake for about 45-60 minutes.
While the loaves are baking, add the sugar and water to a medium-sized pot and bring to a boil. Add the finely sliced clementines and reduce to simmer until soft (this should take about 25 minutes). Set on a sheet of parchment paper to cool.
Once the loaves have finished cooking and have cooled, lift from the bread pans and top with the glaze and candied clementines and serve!
Clementine Loaf – Savory Style….
- 8 clementines
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 3 cups ground almond flour
- 1 heaping tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup vanilla eggnog
- 3 clementines thinly sliced
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 TBS. clementine juice
- In a medium-sized pot, add the clementines and cover completely with water. Bring to a boil and let cook for about 2 hours. Once cooked add to a food processor (or blender) and blend until just smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the rest of the clementine loaf ingredients (including the blended clementines) and mix until just combined.
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Butter and line two bread pans with parchment paper, and divide the bread mixture between the two.
- Bake for about 45-60 minutes (If the top begins to brown too soon, simply cover with aluminum foil and continue baking).
- While the loaves are baking, add the thinly sliced clementines to the sugar and water mixture and bring to a simmer and cook until soft (about 25 minutes).
- Add the powdered sugar and clementine juice in a small bowl and mix until smooth.
- Remove the loaves from the oven, and top with the glaze and candied clementines.
- Serve immediately!
If you want to freeze the bread for later, don’t top with the glaze or candied clementines and it should last in the freezer for about a month.
You are not failing your Diet, your Diet is failing you – keep reading to find out why 99% of mainstream cookbooks set you up for failure. So if you’re ready for a cookbook that will totally change the way you think about fat loss, plus bring a new joy of cooking into your life, it’s time that you picked up your copy of Family Friendly Fat Burning Meals.
The FFF Burning Meals Book Includes:
- – 110+ Fat Burning Recipes
- – A bonus you will recieve 8 weeks of dinner menus & grocery lists
- – A bonus 27 fat burning dessert cookbook
- – A bonus fast start guide
- – A bonus guide detailing what foods not to let your kids eat
Get Lean & Stay Lean with the simple Family Friendly Fat Burning Meals Cookbook!
(Instant Download HERE)