Last Updated on January 10, 2021 by smartkitchenpicks
Egg and Veggie Quinoa Pie
- 1.5 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 8 eggs
- 1½ cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 1½ cups red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Rinse quinoa in cold water. Bring vegetable broth and quinoa to a boil in sauce pan. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered until quinoa is tender and liquid is absorbed; about 12 – 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375F and generously grease a 10-inch pie plate with cooking oil. Set aside.
- Remove quinoa from heat and stir in cheese, garlic, and 1 tsp. of both parsley and basil. Let stand for 5 minutes until cooled.
- Add 2 eggs into the quinoa mixture, stirring well until fully incorporated. Press onto bottom and up side of your pie plate. Bake until set; about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add broccoli, pepper, mushrooms, oregano, and salt, cooking until vegetables are softened; about 5 minutes.
- Remove quinoa crust from the oven, and spread the veggie mix evenly over the top. Whisk the remaining eggs (6), parsley, basil, and salt in a bowl; pour over the vegetables. Return to oven and bake until golden and knife inserted into centre comes out clean; about 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool before slicing into individual portions.
Recipe by Savory Style at http://www.savorystyle.com/egg-veggie-quinoa-pie/