Last Updated on January 10, 2021 by smartkitchenpicks
- 2 cups flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 vanilla bean, seeded
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Splash of vanilla
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 bosc pears, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup brandy
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a small non-stick pan, add 3 tablespoons butter. Melt over a medium-high heat. Once butter begins to brown, swirl pan. The butter is done when it’s a deep brown and smells nutty. Be careful to not let it burn. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- In a large measuring cup, add buttermilk, egg, vanilla bean and vanilla extract. Whisk into flour mixture. Whisk in brown butter. Do not over mix.
- Cook pancakes on a non-stick skillet over a medium heat until golden brown on each side.
- Stir mascarpone, cinnamon and powdered sugar together. Set aside.
- In a small non-stick skillet over a medium heat, add butter. Once butter has melted, add pears. Cook until pears are soft, about five minutes. Add brandy. Cook until alcohol has evaporated. Add sugar and water, cook another 2-3 minutes until the pears become compote like.
- Serve warm pancakes with a dollop of mascarpone, a scoop of the compote and warm maple syrup.
Recipe by Savory Style at http://www.savorystyle.com/vanilla-bean-brown-butter-pancakes/