Awesome 1 White Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Bark – Savory Style
Last Updated on November 30, 2020 by smartkitchenpicks
How do you make White Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Bark?
With the holidays just around the corner and the cold weather settling in, it’s beginning to feel a lot like Christmas. And no pun intended, friends! In between shopping for last minute gifts, baking countless holiday treats, and cramming in as many corny Christmas movies as I can, I’m ready to relax and enjoy the festivities of the season.
I’m also in need of as much chocolate as possible. After all, calories don’t count around the holidays, right? This is the time of year where I let myself indulge in that extra slice of pie or a second (or third) cookie. The treats are just too good to pass up, and before you know it, Christmas will be over! Sp because I’m craving chocolate and the flavors of the holiday season, I decided to whip up this White Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Bark.
This easy and decadent treat features a layer of creamy white chocolate, topped with crushed Oreo cookies, along with another layer of white chocolate and crushed candy canes.
Perfect to give as a home-made gift or just to munch on when your chocolate craving strikes, this White Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Bark will be the hit of the holiday season. And if you’re a white chocolate and peppermint lover like me, then this is the perfect treat for you. The Oreo cookies add a tasty crunch and pair so well with the peppermint flavor.
And best of all, this White Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Bark is a breeze to whip! From start to finish, this delectable holiday treat will be ready in less than a half hour. There’s no oven to preheat or countless ingredients to measure out. Because this candy contains just three ingredients, that leaves you less time to spend in the kitchen and more time to devour this treat!
So let’s get down to the details! In order to make this White Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Bark, it’s important to have your toppings crushed before you start on the chocolate base.
Because the chocolate will harden fast once it’s melted, you want to be sure the Oreo cookies and candy canes and prepped and ready to go. I crushed about 16 Oreos by placing them into a large Ziploc bag and pounding them with a rolling pin. I also repeated the process with the candy canes, ensuring that there were crushed pieces of various sizes.
Once the toppings are ready to go, line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper, leaving a little extra to hang over the sides of the tray (this will help you easily lift the chocolate out of the pan). Now it’s time for the best part, melting the white chocolate! And I won’t tell of you sneak a spoonful or two of the decadent mixture!
Since I’m all about recipes that are easy to prepare, I melted the white chocolate in the microwave. It’s important to this in 30 second increments, stirring frequently, so that the chocolate doesn’t burn. Because white chocolate chips can be somewhat tricky (aka they burn very easily), I used white chocolate candiquick.
It melts very easily and tastes just a good as white chocolate chips. So, you melt 8 ounces of white chocolate and spread into an even layer onto the prepared pan. Sprinkle with the crushed Oreos and pop it into the refrigerator for about 10 minutes to harden.
Remove the pan from refrigerator and pour the rest of the melted white chocolate on top, spreading over the crushed Oreos. Top the chocolate with the candy canes and then return it to the fridge (or freezer if you want to speed up the process) to harden. When the White Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Bark is ready, lift it out of the parchment paper. The bark will easily come out of the pan and into one big block. I broke the bark into pieces with my hands, but feel free to use a knife, if needed.
The smooth white chocolate and combination of Oreo cookies and candy canes just screams Christmas to me. Once you make this decadent treat, you’ll never go back to buying store-bought bark again. Fast, easy, and ready to snack on in no time, this White Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Bark will be your new favorite treat!
Article Breakdown Here
White Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Bark Recipe:
White Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Bark – Savory StyleCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
20 ounces white chocolate candiquick or white chocolate morsels
16 Oreos, roughly chopped
⅓ cup crushed peppermint candy canes
- Line a 13 x 9 baking tray with parchment paper, making sure that extra paper hangs over the sides for easy lifting once chocolate is hardened. Set aside.
- Assemble Oreo cookies and crushed candy canes so that toppings are ready to use.
- In a medium bowl, break 8 ounces of white chocolate into pieces and microwave until fully melted and smooth. Be sure to stop and stir every 30 seconds so that chocolate doesn’t burn.
- Once chocolate in melted, spread onto prepared tray using a spatula or knife. White chocolate should cover entire pan in a thin layer.
- Top white chocolate with crushed Oreo cookies.
- Place pan in refrigerator for 10 minutes to harden.
- As chocolate mixture is hardening, melt remaining 12 ounces of white chocolate in the microwave until smooth.
- Remove pan from refrigerator and spread remaining white chocolate over the top in an even layer, coating the entire pan.
- Sprinkle crushed candy canes over top of chocolate.
- Place into the refrigerator for 15 minutes to harden completely.
- Once ready, lift parchment paper by overhang and set on counter. Chocolate will lift right out of paper.
- Break into pieces by hand or using a knife.
- Bark will keep in an air tight container for up to one month if left on the counter, or will keep in the refrigerator for several months.