You may have heard of an air fryer and I am here to bring you instructions on how to use your air fryer to cook fried chicken. This post is all about air fryer fried chicken recipe but in case you aren’t aware, let me explain.
The air fryer actually uses air, and a very little bit of oil, to fry foods. There are numerous benefits:
Believe you have already bought an air fryer for home, if not you can choose one of them from here , read the things you need to consider before buying an air fryer & pick that fits best for your demand.Let me tell you how to use it to make the classic fried chicken.
- 3/2 pounds chicken parts (your choice of cuts)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tea spoon pepper
- Baking Spray
- 1 Pc Egg
- Rinse and place chicken in bag with enough buttermilk to cover. Refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours.
- Mix flour and salt/pepper together (you can also try Ranch dressing mix or your choice of seasoning) in a bag.
- Remove chicken from bag and pat with paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Dip chicken in egg.
- Put chicken into bag with flour mixture and toss to coat.
- Spray lightly with baking spray for extra crispy skin (optional).
- “Fry” in air fryer for 20 minutes at 390 ° F.
Our recipes has been accepted cordially among our readers. That’s why we have selected to offer two more air fryer recipes for our audience.
Fried Chicken Wings – New style of cooking
Chicken wings have become all the rage, from tailgating to party appetizers. Because health conscious individuals are always looking for ways to cook without less oil, air frying is quickly becoming a popular alternative to frying without the grease and cholesterol. Following is a perfect air fryer recipe that will quench your appetite without the fuss and mess of frying.
- Chicken Wings: 16 pieces
- Potato Starch: ¾ cup
- Honey: ¼ cup
- Butter: ¼ cup
- Fresh Minced Garlic: 4 tablespoons
- Kosher Salt: ½ tea spoon
- Set the Air Fryer temperature to 380 degrees.
- Rinse and pat dry your chicken wings. Put the wings in a large mixing bowl and add the potato starch, making sure that all chicken wings are well coated. Add the coated wings to your Air Fryer.
- Cook wings for 25 minutes. Make sure to shake your basket every five minutes or so.
- After 25 minutes, increase the temperature of the Air Fryer to 400 degrees. Then, after 5-10 minutes your wings should look very crispy and dry.
- While the wings are cooking, melt the butter in a small saucepan on low heat. After it is melted, add the garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the honey and salt and continue to simmer on low for an additional 20 minutes. Make sure to stir every few minutes to prevent the sauce from scorching.
- Remove the wings from your Air Fryer and add the sauce, making sure that all pieces are coated.
- If your wings are very large, it might be better to add a few minutes to your cook time. Your goal is to have your wings looking crispy without burning.
- Consider your Air Fryer is a regular size, don’t put more than 16 wings in at one time.
- If your Air Fryer is 5.8 quarts, you can add double the amount of wings.
With the popularity of Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC), many have tried to recreate their famous recipe for years. I believe I have found the perfect way to get your KFC fix with your Air Fryer without leaving your home. For sure if you follow my way of cooking, it will be one of the best among all other air fryer recipes.
- Whole Chicken
- Bread Crumbs: ¼ cup
- KFC Spice Blend: ¼ cup (see below)
- 3 small eggs, beaten
- Flour: ½ cup
- Paprika: 6 tsp.
- Oregano: 4 tsp.
- Tarragon: 4 tsp.
- Parsley: 3 tsp.
- Thyme: 2 tsp.
- Cayenne Pepper: 2 tsp.
- Chives: 4 tsp.
- Chicken Seasoning: 1 tsp.
- Dried Onion and Garlic: 2 tsp. each
- Salt & Pepper
- Take your whole chicken and chop it into pieces. It’s better to separate into pieces: wings, breast, thighs, drumsticks. See note below on a how-to on how to cut up a whole chicken.
- In a bowl, add the KFC blend to the bread crumbs. In a second bowl have your flour and in a third bowl have your beaten eggs.
- Roll the chicken in the flour, then the eggs, and then the bread crumbs with KFC blend.
- Place coated chicken in your Air Fryer and cook at 360 degrees for 18 minutes. Always make sure the chicken is cooked in the middle.
- Place your whole chicken on a clean chopping board.
- Take the chicken wings off the site first, find where the knuckle is attached to the breast bone. Slice in between the joint bones.
- Next slice down underneath the breast and grab both legs and pull them downwards and the bottom of the chicken should be pulled up so that you’re snapping the bone so that it is easier to remove.
- Where the bone is poking, put your big knife in between, push down and your full legs will come out.
- You should just have your two breasts left on the carcass. The breast in the center of the chicken you should see a bone cartilage with a breast on each side. Keep slicing the chicken breast down the bone so that it is coming off the bone. Do it as close to the bone as you can so that you are carving it and so that you are now just left with the carcass.
Air Fryers are like cast iron cook wear, they must be seasoned before use to prevent sticking. Here is a simple but efficient way to season:
- Wash your Air Fryer basket and drawer with soap and water using a soft sponge. Lightly dry with a kitchen towel.
- Turn your Air Fryer on to 400 degrees and set the timer for 5 minutes. Put the basket inside the drawer. Remove the drawer after 3 minutes.
- Using coconut oil (preferred) and a paper towel, scoop out a small amount of the coconut oil and rub all over the basket. Remember to use only a small amount, a thick coating is not needed. Put the drawer back into the Air Fryer and continue to cook for another 2 minutes. Avoid cooking sprays as they only add build up grease and cause peeling of your product.
So there you have it, fried chicken with all of the favor and none of the guilt! Pick your guitar & play some music while you enjoy lovely fried chicken. I recommend trying fish sticks, potatoes, and vegetables or really anything you might normally fry.
Please note cooking process may be different from person to person as it depends on completely someone’s taste & interest.What we describe here (slightly different from the video) is the most common method, you can change it as per your imagination.If you need to enrich your recipe collection, you can try above best seeling air fryer recipe books on Amazon.Also, engage your time into our other hot air fryer recipes.