Best Home Deep Fryer- Guide & Reviews of Top Rated Deep Fryer
Fried Chicken is an American tradition still, in this age of multi ethnic fusion cosines as shown on TV Networks devoted to Food and Cooking. But, the hassles of Deep Frying have long kept it along with other favorite dishes off many family menus. Many people avoid frying for want of best home deep fryer.
That is until today when you will see just how easy it is to not only doing fried chicken but also a host of other fried foods. Even those that sound a bit strange like fried snickers bars, ice cream, and even old favorites like corn dogs and French fries are now doable in a snap, without a cleanup mess afterward.
You are about to see five of the best Home Deep Fryers found anywhere on the market today.
How to Choose the Best Home Deep Fryer
The first thing you want to make sure of is will your Deep Fryer be able to handle the amount of food you want to fry up.
It is always best to err on more than less. So, you should get one that is bigger than what you think you will need. This also means you will be putting less stress on the unit, because if you are always stressing the Fryer to the edge of its capacity. It will wear out much faster.
By doing this, your fryer lasts longer and you save cash on repair or replacement costs.
2. Ease of Operation
Let's face it if it requires a Ph.D. to operate the odds are it will sit gathering dust in the back of a cabinet taking up space.
I like to use the 6-year-old rule. This rule says that it should be operable by my 6-year-old child. If my kid can make it work then so can I.
You don't want to be confronted with a maze of blinking lights and indicators. When all you want to do is do up a box of pizza puffs or a bag of French fries.
Keeping it simple is best.
3. Timer & other features
However, you do want some things like timers, temperature control, and automatic shut off. These are for convenience as well as safety. One feature that is nice to have is an oil cleaning system as well. It is an unique characteristic of a best home deep fryer. But that is not very common as it raises the price of the unit.
A good timer though is a priority is you best friend when it comes to making the perfect fried chicken.
This combined with a loud alert tone makes those "Pepperoni Mozzarella" sticks come out golden brown instead of blackened with the cheese burnt and looking unappetizing sitting on a plate.
4. Simple to Clean
Cleanup has to be right up there with tasty food. It doesn’t matter how good the food looks, smells, and tastes if you have to spend half the night afterward cleaning the fryer after it’s all said and done.
You want a Deep Fryer that comes apart for cleaning fast and simple. Again, the 6-year-old rule comes into play. If my kid can take it apart and more importantly, put it back together then it is a product I will fall in love with and must be a strong competitor in the list of best home deep fryer.
Cleaning should be a snap and as well as fast and easy to boot.Before dive into reviews, a study on air fryer vs deep fryer may be handy for you.
TOP 5 Best home Deep Fryers 2017
1.T-Fal FR8000 EZ Clean 3.5-Liter Oil Capacity Stainless Steel Deep Fryer with Professional Immersion Heating Element and Unique Filtration System
By far Tfal deep fryer is the easiest and also the top of the line in home frying, which fries chicken, onion rings, and fries with ease. Especially those food stall taste treats you see at fairs. Those and thousands of desserts and other dishes are now yours.
Your hands never touch the oil
A specially designed oil box snaps into place and you don't have a mess or get your hands greasy trying to fill the unit. This then makes sure you have the right amount of oil without wasting a drop.
It is then moved by the fryer into the fry area automatically.
Fully automatic operation
One simple 3-position control does everything for you, no blinking lights and complicated digital readouts to confuse you.
Just put your food you want fried into the basket and everything is handled for you with no muss or fuss.
Simplicity of operation and great tasting food is the result.
Your oil is then filtered, drained and cleanup is a breeze
After everything is done, the oil is drained and filtered for later. You never have to worry about dealing with spillage of oil on the table or floor with the danger of slipping and falls.
The oil box then pulls out so you can clean the FR8000 easily and quickly.
- Virtually everything except the power cord and the heating element goes into the dishwasher.
- The flick the switch the all drains from stainless steel and flows into a plastic container.
- Best immersion deep fryer I've ever owned.
- Solves all your frying problems, It leaves no mess behind when you're through cooking.
- 5 Star Product responses from customer service.
- Temperature is measured at the heating element and so the oil is 20° lower. This means 355° is the highest temperature. However, this is fine for most recipes.
- After the temperature cools a flick of a switch and the oil drains and is filtered to its removable oil box.
- Digital thermometer controlled heat ensures your oil stays hot at all times.
- 3.5 L capacity.
- This means you can fry up to 2.65 pounds, with no trouble.
- The basket assumes 2 positions one for draining and one for cooking.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can you leave the oil box in while the fryer is in cooking?
-Yes, and no time does the heating element or the hot oil come into contact with the enclosed oil box.
What happens if I accidentally select "Drain" by mistake?
-Nothing, the thermostat prevents the oil drainage system from operating while the oil is hot.
Can I fry food with the cover in place?
-This particular model is designed for 110 VAC.
What kind of voltage does this deep fryer require?
-Yes, in the instructions it says to do this.
2. Waring Pro DF280 Professional Deep Fryer
Another fantastic buy from Waring that lets you fry everything that your heart desires. Whether it's French fries, onion rings, and even frozen Snickers bars, 1800 W of power and a 1-gallon removable stainless steel oil container fries it all.
Gallon of oil with its own spout
Stainless steel means of this container will not rust and provide you with just the right amount of oil to handle your frying needs with panache and style.
This also means after returning the oil to the jug. The container is easily cleaned and put away for future use.
A digital control panel lets you control all the action
Digital timer, thermostat, and precision temperature control all under your fingertips. An easy-to-read digital display makes everything simple to understand and operate.
You can now deep-fry thousands of your favorite taste treats that you see on TV, at country fairs, and other venues, all at your fingertips.
3 baskets, no waiting
One of the great features about this deep fryer is that you have two smaller baskets that allow you to deep fry smaller quantities of food for yourself or for 2. The larger basket is suitable for up to 2.3 pounds of your favorite fried foods at a time.
- Shows the temperature as it heats up.
- Actually reaches 375° as advertised.
- Perfect for frying fish whole or filet.
- A great fryer for both chicken, as well as Fish 'n Chips.
- Awesome for fried oysters and holds exactly 1 gallon of oil, this is a convenient size to buy and store.
- Metal is a bit thin when compared to other deep fryers.
- Doesn't have a built-in drain and filtration system was due deep fryers in this price range.
- Prefer that the control panel is mounted other than the back of the unit as you risk steam burns while deep-frying.
- Lid has a window to allow for viewing while you are frying.
- Timer is settable to up to 60 minutes of cooking time.
- Stainless steel construction.
- 2.3-pound food capacity.
- 1 large and 2 small frying basket
- Accurate and precise temperature control,comes up to temperature quickly.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Temperature stays constant after you put in the food you want.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How long does it take to cook a basket full of French fries?
-3 to 5 minutes at 375°. However, if you cook them for 2 minutes at 325° and then up the temperature to 375 for another 1 to 2 minutes you will get perfect french fries that are crispy on the outside and soft and tender on the inside.
Does it require any other additional parts?
- No, everything is self-contained and there will be no fuss or muss.
Can I run it with the cover in place?
-Yes,you can complete your job this way.
3. DeLonghi D24527DZ Dual Zone 3-Pound-Capacity Deep Fryer
But it's time to feed the whole family this is the deep fryer you want on the table. Not only that it cleans and drains the oil.
Precise control gives you food that tastes great and is golden brown.
Large capacity means no one walks away hungry
This deep fryer will hold up to 3 pounds of your favorite fish, chicken, and french fries. You can feed your whole family and have fries to spare.
Your favorite taste treats like hush puppies, homemade doughnuts, and corn dogs are a snap.
If it can be fried, DeLonghi fries it.
Controls that is simple and precise
You have a control panel that Alan Sheppard wished he had when he first went into space.
You can control every facet of the cooking process, temperature, time, and when to drain and filter the oil as well.
Your fried foods come out tasting great and no more burned fish fillets.
Temperatures that run between 300 and 370°
This is the temperature range that most of the foods that your family will be in enjoying. Everything from funnel cakes, waffle, and even fried ice cream is a cinch when using this deep fryer.
In fact, there is virtually nothing that you can't deep fry in this versatile unit.
- If you love seafood like we do. You'll love this fryer. It's the perfect way to have seafood Thanksgiving. Fish, shrimp, crabs, and oysters come out to perfection.
- There’s no mess! Cleanup is fast and easy.
- For a family of 2 or this is the best fryer out there today.
- Circuit breaker inside can't reset until it cools down.
- Only a 30-day warranty.
- Service is bad rates an F from the Better Business Bureau.
- Automatic circuit breaker.
- 3-pound capacity.
- Cooling zone prevents food from burning.
- Fully adjustable thermostat.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Stainless steel filter.
- Automatic oil clean and removal system.
- 1 gallon oil capacity.
- Cord is magnetic and has a condensation shield.
- Cool Touch handles, prevents burns when handling lid or basket.
- Timer and audible alarm warns when things are done and prevents burning
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is the temperature constant?
-Yes, Though there is a slight drop after you had frozen food.
I Love Asian take out. Can I use Crisco to do up Eggrolls?
-Yes, Just remember to drain after using to prevent hardening.
Is this fryer easy to drain and clean?
-Yes, The system drains at the bottom through a spout and all you do is move over the sink with a receptacle waiting and the old system does the rest. Everything breaks down and cleans in a dishwasher.
4. Hamilton Beach 3 Liter Deep Fryer With Digital Timer (Model 35030)
Hamilton Beach has a great fryer that is a workhorse in the kitchen. Donuts, fritters, and hush puppies come out of this fryer to feed one or an army.There is no spatter as it fries with the windowed lid on.
Immersion cooking gives the best results
Like all of the best fryers, the heating element is in direct contact with the oil. This ensures even heating and temperature control.
Controlled by a digital thermostat you never have to worry about food burning as it also has a timer.It heats up quickly and you're ready to fry.
96 oz of oil means you can fry anything
A deep basket holds fish, poultry, and other food to be fried easily. This is perfect when the whole family drops by for a Sunday afternoon Fried Chicken Lunch.
The Colonel has nothing on this fryer. It can fry enough side dishes and fries to feed your uncles, aunts, and cousins.
So easy to operate, your child could do it.
The controls on this Deep fryer make frying food fun and the whole family can join in. Even children can make fun foods and desserts for after school, lunch, and parties for their friends. (Under adult supervision of course.)
That's how simple the Hamilton Beach is to own and use.
- Food fry fast and there's no oily after taste.
- Temperature is just right for perfect fries.
- I love fried catfish. The size of this fryer lets me cook 2-3 at a time.
- Delicious desserts are just a few minutes away with this fryer.
- Unlimited taste treats are now yours.
- Oil mist dissolved the numbers on the dial when I rubbed it off with a dry cloth.
- Ex-broke into my account and ordered it. Don't know how it worked out.
- After over a year of great service, the dial began to smoke. Waiting for customer service to call back.
- Dial controlled temperature regulation.
- Digital timer,Lid with viewing window.
- Immersion heating technology.
- Big 12 cup capacity well.
- Heats to temperature quickly.
- Cooks everything from poultry to fish and everything in between.
- Comes with a recipe book. Fry up thousands of veggie and dessert foods.
- Lightweight at only 11 pounds.
- Insulated lift handle on the basket.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How much oil does it need?
-As little as enough to cover the heating elements to up to 96 ounces.
Can I do a whole fish?
-Yes, If the fish is less than 10 -12 inches in length.
What kind of dishes can I make?
-Check online and there are thousands of items you can fry up in no time.
Will this Fryer handle peanut oil?
-Any oil may be used. Olive Oil should not be heated as high as canola or peanut oil though due to the flashpoint of Olive Oil.
5. Presto Gran Pappy Electric Deep Fryer (Pack of 2)
Finally, a deep fryer that you can love. Fully automatic in operation. No timers, dials, and extra buttons and buzzers.
What's more! You get two for twice the fun and excitement for parties and family Get Togethers.
It does just what you want. Fries tasty food fast and painlessly. When it is done, it cleans quickly and easily.
Nonstick inner surface
Food wouldn't stick and burn. It all stays in the oil and wouldn't adhere to the sides and burn into place as those total immersion fryers sometimes do.
Your food and treats come out tasting delicious and don't taste like the oil you used.
Fast, dependable, no sticking, and tasty.
Everything is done for you
Temperature is automatically adjusted. So, it cooks your food at just the right temperature to give that golden brown color you expect.
With this kind of control, chicken is a snap as well as fish for Fish 'N Chips dinners.
It is all taken care of you inside the fryer itself.
No Baskets to mess with
The insulated scoop takes the place of a basket as it both lifts and drains the oil at the same time
Since there is no lid that covers the top, be aware there might be a bit of spatter. Cooking this way gives you the feel of being a chef
- Temperature is preset for perfection.
- Simple to clean. Just wipe it out with a paper towel after it cools and emptied.
- Cooks enough for one, two, and more. It's fast and dependable.
- Veggies for Tempura is easy. The Panko batter fries to a golden brown with that crunch you want
- When the batter is right, the meat is undercooked.
- Note: Many recipes specify that you cook chicken prior to deep-frying it. Boiling it before battering up solves this problem nicely.
- Heats at 380 degrees and the batter burns if I leave the food inside to cook it thoroughly.
- Note: see the recommendation above. Many deep fryers have this limitation and in their documentation they talk about the workaround.
- 6 cup capacity.
- Automatic temperature control.
- No extra bells and whistles to worry about.
- Runs on standard 110 VAC current.
- Great for veggies, fish, and frozen chicken nuggets. This makes for great lunchbox fillers of Chick 'N Chips for a kid’s lunch box.
- Cooks fast and batter turns golden brown fast.
- The tasty food that fries up with no oily aftertaste.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do I have to worry about splatter and spatter?
-No, If you use the supplied slotted tool to lay the food inside rather than dropping it in.
Can I use Crisco?
-Yes, just remember it hardens after cooling so be aware.
Can I do wings?
-Yes, about 4 to 6 at a time depending on size.
Can I get a basket for this Fryer?
-Yes, there is a basket you can order separately.
How to use a Deep Fryer
- Here is where the 6-year-old rule shines. (of course under supervision)
- Place the Fryer is sitting in the middle of an open table.
- Oil is added prior to plugging in the unit. Set the temperature and frying time.
- Turn on and I wait until it comes up to the right temperature.
- A light or audible alarm should let me know of this.
- The basket with the food items in it are lowered gently into the oil with the cover in place. This prevents splatter, burns, and a mess from occurring.
- When done the reverse is done and the food is emptied into a basket lined with paper towels to absorb the excess oil and covered with a cloth.
Well there you have it you have seen the best that can be found on the net in a modest price range that would put a strain on anyone's budget.Each has its proponents that swear by their particular model and brand.From the small, with only a 6-cup capacity to a larger 12-cup monster that takes whole fish and chicken to a perfect golden crust.Our choice, however, is more moderate in the middle and we chose the T-Fal FR8000 as it provides you with the perfect balance between function, feature, and easily the best deep fryer for home use.Please read our Knowledge Bank section to learn more about deep fryer.