Best Wire Strippers Review in 2019 [Honest Review]
If you are working on a wire, you have to be very careful to ensure that you choose the best. This is because any mistake you make could be disastrous because it can lead to fire outbreak.
To ensure that you avert this avoidable disaster from happening, we recommend to pick from the best wire strippers. There are different kinds of wire stripper products on the market; this means that you have to take extra measures to ensure that you select only the best.
Article Breakdown Here
- 1 Quick Comparison:
- 2 10 Best Wire Strippers for 2019
- 2.1 1. Klein Tools 11063W Katapult Wire Stripper, 8-22 AWG
- 2.2 2. Knipex 1262180 Self Adjusting Insulation Strippers - Awg 10-24, 7.25 Inch
- 2.3 3. Manual Copper Wire Stripping Machine
- 2.4 4. Klein Tools 11061 Self-Adjusting Wire Stripper and Cutter, 10-20 AWG
- 2.5 5. Greenlee 1903 Pocket Cable Stripper
- 2.6 6. Jonard ST-550 ABS Adjustable Precision Wire Stripper, 18 to 28 AWG, 3-57/64" Length x 1-19/32" Height x 19/32" Thickness
- 2.7 7. IDEAL 45-092 Stripmaster Wire Stripper for No.10 to No.22 AWG
- 2.8 8. Xcelite SAS3210 Self-Adjusting Wire Stripper with Spring, 32-10 AWG Stripping Range, 7-1/2" Length, Fiberglass Grip
- 2.9 9. Jokari 20050 Ergonomic Super 4 Plus Automatic Wire Stripper for Wires from 0.2mm-6mm, 16.5cm L x 14cm W x 2.7cm H
- 2.10 10. CHIMAERA 10-Ton 9 Dies Hydraulic Wire Terminal Battery Cable Crimper by Yescom
- 3 Things to Consider Before Buying a Wire Strippers
- 4 How to Choose the Best Wire Strippers
- 5 How to Choose Wire Stripper
- 6 How to take care/maintenance wire stripper
- 7 The Bottom Line
10 Best Wire Strippers for 2019
Best wire strippers over dozens of competitive models from different brands listed below:
If you are looking for the most popular tools on the market today that can strip and cut, then you have to opt for the Klein tools 11063W 8-22. It features an inbuilt cutting hole and with this, you can easily cut up to 8 to 22 AWG wire.
It is ergonomic in design, as can be seen from its stripping head. This makes it easy to grip and then strip simply by squeezing its handle. It features a catapult stripper and cutter and this is composed of cast alloy.
It has a heavy duty e coat finishing. This makes it very durable and corrosion free product.
It also features tension loaded wire. This grips your wire gently without causing any damage to the wire. It retains the wire geometry in the process. As you can see, it can cut as well as strips wire of up to 8 to 22 AWG.
It is a precision designed tool. When you use it, you can hardly make any mistake because it has a precision machined and stripping holes. This makes it easy to remove insulation and you cannot cause any harm to the wire in the process.
This is a high-end precision tool. It has all the features you seek in such a device.
- It features a recoil spring design.
- It is composed of cast alloy chassis.
- Moreover, it has a precision machine stripping holes.
- Performs a compound action stripping.
- Features a tension loaded wire grip.
- It is sturdily constructed making it durable.
- It is nice and easy to use.
- Bulky in the hand.
When it comes to quality, no stripper can beat Knipex 1262180. As you can see this is a self adjusting insulation stripper. It is compact in design and it is regarded as the standard tool because of various things that you can do with it.
When compared to the high-end value, you would be surprised that this tool goes for such a favorable price.
It has wider applications as it can be used with different current cable cross-sections, as well as insulating materials.
If you are looking for a tool that can be used for fine stranded, as well as multiple and single cables you have to opt for the brand. It can strip up 0.2 and 6.0 mm even with standard insulation.
Most importantly, you discover that this tool is simple and easy to use because it can adjust automatically to the type of cable section you want to use. This is a great feature because it prolongs the life of the conductor.
It features wire cutter composed of copper and aluminum wires and can cut up to 2.5 mm.
Moreover, it features an adjustable length stop of up to 6.0 to 18.0 and constant stripping length and can be used for repetitive works.
This is another precision-based stripper. It is designed to serve your purpose very well.
- This stripper can be used with all cross-sections as well as insulating materials.
- It can adjust on its own to the type of cross section.
- It is suited for different kinds of cables such as fine stranded, single, and multiple.
- Ergonomic handle for easy handling.
- Strips different kinds of wire.
- Easy and simple to use.
- Some users complained that it is not durable.
If you are looking for the tool with a perfect stripping power then you have to opt for Manual Copper Wire stripping machine. It works very well and ensures a separation of copper wires from its jacket, because it would simply pull the wire through the jacket.
It works very fast and easy too because it ensures that such a separation will not reach the blade. By its operations, it is designed to be the most suitable for all types of wires because it entangles and detangles wires during its operations.
Because of this, this tool is regarded as the most suitable for different kinds of wires.
To ensure its efficiency, the tool is fitted with a blade-sharpening jig. This ensures that it is working very well and ensures that it always have a smoother and sharpened edge.
You notice that this machine has patented new features, and this feature can be seen only in this type of machine. It also has an output limiter. It has input guide device.
This ensures that wires are automatically straightened and aligned. It is perfect for those who want to work on tangled and kinked wires. It looks like a small sized plasma cutter although the application is totally different.
This is another precision-based stripper. It is designed to serve your purpose very well.
- It features an output limiter and this separated copper wire from its jacket.
- This Stripper has an input guide, this straightened and aligned the wire automatically.
- It features EZ start cutter, it gets the copper out with ease.
- Patented new features available in this tool.
- It works very fast.
- It is affordable.
- Adjustable blade and it is good for 24AWG to 250 KCM.
- This is a unique stripping tool. It is easy and simple to use and has all the features you desire.
Also Read : Best Cooling Pillows
If you are looking for the perfect stripper in town and want to empower your tool box with a quite operative best wire strippers, opt for Klein automatic wiring stripping Tools. This tool is meant for wires ranging from 10 to 20AWG.
It is fitted with all features that would make it possible for you to enjoy the product without hassles. It is meant to cut different size of wires and that is why it is fitted with an adjustable stopper.
It is a handheld wire cutter. This is possible because it has an ergonomic designed handle. This handle also makes it easy and simple to use. With its strip head, which you can adjust until it reaches the correct wire size, it makes for precision in cutting.
Because of this, you can hardly make any mistake while you use the great product. You are not going to find it hard to control the length of the wire that you want to cut it, because it has an adjustable stopper.
Even if you want to strip smaller gauge wire, it is not going to be a problem for you because it is fitted with a tensioning thumb screw. This makes for precise striping and this is great if you want to achieve a perfect job. This machine is just designed to assist you in doing that.
This is another high-end wire stripper. It is highly recommended.
- It features grooved grips.
- Uses an adjustable stopper.
- It features a tensioning thumb.
- It also has an inbuilt in handle wire cutter.
- It is a high quality product.
- Features an adjustable stopper and this makes it easier to use.
- It has a tensioning thumb and this makes it great.
- It features tiny knobs, which are difficult to use.
This is a unique stripper and it is meant for cables of ¾ inches to 1 ½ inches. Moreover, the product can strip stranded conductor, solid conductor and multiple conductor cables.
Another great characteristic that sets it apart from the rest is its easy blade depth adjustments. Most importantly, you can discover that this blade can easily rotate for longitudinal, circular, as well as spiral cuts.
Because of its great and unique stripping features, this stripper is categorized as one of the most advanced tools. It is fitted with some new features that make it better than similar devices on the market today.
At the end of the table is a hook, and this guides and grabs the jacket and pulls it from the cable. Another new feature is the interchangeable large and small cable guide and this can strip cable ranging from 0.18 inches to 1.57 inches diameters.
At the base of this device is a pocket and this is the replacement blades are often stored. Most importantly, this product features a modern ergonomic shape and this ensures that it fits into your hands very well.
You can see from the features that this is the most modern wire stripper and it is designed to facilitate your work.
All in all, this is a high quality stripper and you can see from its positive reviews that it is the best of its kind on the market.
- It is meant for telecommunication cables and stripping power.
- This strips different conductors such as multiple, stranded, as well as solid conductors.
- It features an easy blade depth adjustment.
- It can easily rotate for spiral, longitudinal, as well as circular cuts.
- High quality blade material.
- Durable and that is because of the high carbon steel construction.
- Shaped for easy storage.
- Ergonomically designed for easy handling.
- Has storage facility for replacement blades.
Some users would recommend change in the cut depth.
This is a great precision wire stripper and it features every quality that you are looking in a tool like it. It is easy and simple to use and has different settings. Besides,six settings are not difficult to select as you can just select using its adjustment dial.
To achieve the required insulation strip length, the device uses a calibrated wire. The tool is easy, and simple to use and it does not demand much. The operator can easily pull it in just a single motion.
The tool uses four specifically designed blades in its operations in cutting the wires. The pulling motion on the other hands is meant to break the insulation or the conductor bond. As said, the tool uses six adjustable wire gauges.
Many users have testified to the fact that this one of the best strippers on the market today. It is regarded as a precision stripper because it can strip gauge conductors and ensure that there is a clean cut at the same time. It does not damage the wire in the process.
If you want to do away with smaller jackets from smaller conductor cables. The tool is easy and simple to use. As a result you would not even find it difficult to learn how to use it. It remains a high quality wire stripper, and you can feed up to thirty four gauge wire.
When compared to similar products on the market today, you would see that it is a wonderful and a great product.
This is another high quality stripper you can buy with money. You are going to do an excellent work with the machine because of its high precision.
- Offers six different settings.
- It features a calibrated stop.
- It uses four hardened blades.
- This is a precision-based stripper.
- It is not difficult to use.
- Versatile & Durable.
- It does not nick wires.
- It is very expensive.
This is the best on the market today and you can see that from the great features. By design, you notice that it has a knife like blades and it can strip wires of 7/8 inches. It does not demand much pressure or work on your own part when you are using it, as it demands just one third less hand pressure.
This tool has an edge over several others on the market today for the fact that it does away with cutting, nicking, as well as fraying of wires. This is because it was designed in such a way that it can hold the wire in the holes center.
It is meant to be a perfect and practical tool. It is the best that you can use to crimp wires. Every user likes it because it is seen as the best precision tool on the market. It does not waste your time, and it does the work for you better, faster, and easier.
It is not surprising that it is regarded as people’s choice. It does not have any room for any error. It is perfect for any type of wire whether it is light gauge or thick insulated wire, it does the job perfectly for you.
This remains the best precision stripper that you can lay your hands on the market today. It is user friendly.
- It has knife like blades.
- Features a wire gripper and this holds wire centered in its hole.
- It does away with fraying, cutting and nicking of wires.
- It can strip wire to 22 mm.
- It is easy to use.
- It is a precision tool as it hardly makes mistakes.
- Can strip different kinds of wires.
- It does away with wire nicking, cutting and fraying.
- Has storage facility for replacement blades.
- Awkward in tight places.
If you are looking for the perfect tool that you can use to remove insulation of your wire, you have to opt for this product. This instrument can be used on different wire sizes. It is very easy and helpful because you are not required to adjust the crimper anytime you are to use the product.
This tool offers the best in terms of capacity, design, as well as grip. When you are using it, you are going to avert the problem of cutting off the wires accidentally.
This means that it is user-friendly because it does not require job like fixing cut wires. The consequence is that it could damage your reputation as a professional. This can be regarded as a self adjusting stripper and it features stripping cassettes and this can be changed with ease.
Because of this, you are guaranteed precision in the stripping process and there would be no error. This instrument can be used for different kinds of wires ranging from PTFE and PVC and so on.
This product has lots of features that stand it out from the rest on the market and here are some of the features:
- It is easy and convenient to use and it can be used in different kinds of wires, and it can easily crimp any wire including those ranging from 32 AWG to 10 AWG. All these are possible without even adjusting the tool.
- It has the widest stripping capacity when compared to various types out there.
- Furthermore, it is ergonomically designed. This is instructive because it renders easier to handle and use.
- It is durable and that is because of the ergonomic design.
- You can work on different kinds of wire including PTTE and PVC.
- This is our top recommendation and you can see from the features that it contains everything that you require in this type of product. It easy and convenient to use and can strip different kinds of wires.
- It is durable,convenient and easy to use.
- This striper can strip different kinds of wires.
- It has an ergonomically designed handle.
- It is self adjusting.
- Sometimes handling can become uncomfortable.
This is perhaps the best wire stripper on the market is the Jokari 20050 Ergonomic Super 4 Plus Automatic Wire Stripper for Wires from 0.2mm-6mm, 16.5cm L x 14cm W x 2.7cm H. The tool is produced by a company that is well known all over the world for the manufacture of high quality machines.
The tool is great because it can cut cross section for up to 2.5 mm. To ensure that you achieve precision during the use, the product has an adjustable length stopper as well as a plier handle design and a lockable grip. It is easy and simple to use.
It has a spare blade, which you can use if the need for that arises. It is one of the best that you can lay your hands on the market.
It is obvious from the features and from positive reviews about the brand that it is high-end stripper of exceptional quality. It has an ergonomic design and this makes it easy and simple to use. It is equally safe to use. It has a wear proof feature, and this ensures that it never disappoints you.
This is a superior wire stripper and a perfect choice for many people across the globe.
- It is meant for cross sections of wires and can cut up to 14 AWG.
- Features an adjustable length stopper, as well as a plier handle and lockable grip.
- It has a spare blade.
- It is has knob that facilitates its operations.
- Manufactured in Germany.
- Adjustable length stopper.
- It is engineered with lockable grip.
- There is a complaint that it does not lock in close position.
This is a great product. It is a ten tons hydraulic crimper and it is composed of hardened dies. These dies are hardened because they are produced from steel materials and have chrome finishing as well.
To ensure that you do not find it difficult to crimp wires as well as butt connectors it is composed of powerful crimper. This is better to use when compared to similar products such as a pair of hand crimpers.
It is designed to crimp different kinds of wire materials ranging from 12 to 2/0 AWG of aluminum wires and size copper. This is the best product that can be used for welding cables, as well as battery, and power tires. It is equally perfect for electrical cables and the like.
Users prefer this tool because of several reasons. First and foremost is that this stripper is more convenient to use. If you want a tool that guarantees secure crimping operations then you have to opt for this wonderful tool.
It is not difficult to use because it fits with on and off knob button. All that you do is to operate the button and you would see that everything would go smoothly.
Another high-end wire stripping tool. It delivers on its promises and it is highly recommended.
- It is composed of dies produced from hardened steel materials and has a chrome finish.
- Could crimp up to 12 to 2/0 AWG of wire especially copper and aluminum wire.
- It is a tool that can be used to change dies.
- It is has knob that facilitates its operations.
- High quality product.
- It is affordable.
- Easy and simple to use.
- It is durable.
- Can only be used on aluminum and copper wire terminals.
Things to Consider Before Buying a
Determining the best wire strippers may not be easy, however, you should know whether the products you want to buy has the capacity to do away with the insulation in electric or electronic wire without damaging such a wire in the process.
Moreover, nobody should be hurt and that means that the wire must be intact. This is the most important consideration when you are looking for this type of product.
Because of this feature, this product is great for electricians as well as improvement workers and several other categories of workers that work with wires.
When you are looking for this type of wire, you must ensure that you select the best. Consider the qualities and features of the wire stripper. This determines its effectiveness and safety.
How to Choose the Best Wire Strippers
If you are a novice, it may not be easy for you to choose the best wire strippers. Because of that, you need consultations. You also need to read important reviews to guide you in making the correct choice. Here are important factors that can assist you in selecting the perfect wire stripper.
Consider the characteristic on the market
The first thing you must do is to familiarize yourself with the various characteristic of such products on the market. Know the characteristics, as well as advantages and disadvantages of various brands on the market. Here are the catagories of wire strippers, they include:
- Cheapo: This type of wire strippers can help its users to do a decent job. Adjusting the stripper would require a physical effort to be completed. Margin of error is minimized.
- Gauged: It is another type of wire strippers and it is fitted with lots of holes and this means that you can easily make your choice. All you need to do is select the one you like.
- Self adjusting: This is the best if you want to achieve a good strip. However, you have to be very careful in using it.
- Gauged Automatic: This has a combination of two types. This includes self adjustment and gauge selectors. However, this brand is very expensive.
- Calibration: Another important to consider when you are making your choice is calibration. When you are looking for calibration to ensure that it is set for two types such as stranded or solid wire. This also goes together with different wire types such as solid core and stranded wire.
Another important to consider when you are making your choice is calibration. When you are looking for calibration to ensure that it is set for two types such as stranded or solid wire. This also goes together with different wire types such as solid core and stranded wire.
Easy on your hands
You have to consider the issue of ergonomics when you are making your choice. This ensures that it does not wear on your hands and it would be easy to use.
It should be able to reach to small places.
Most importantly, the wire stripper should be able to use in remote places. This makes it easier for you to do the work you want to do with it.
Types of wire strippers
There are at least three types of wire strippers on the market today. The type defines the way the strippers are going to use. Three types include the manual, automatic, as well as the electric or laser type.
For the manual strip, you have to strip that wire by holding it strongly on the wire and rotating it in the process.
Automatic stripper on the hand, you have to hold that wire using the stripper and once stripped, the stripper would then grip that wire on one side of it and the cut, remove the insulation from the other side after cutting it.
Laser is the third type and it is computer controlled, this burns the insulation using the laser. This is good for fine wires.
How to Choose Wire Stripper
Perhaps the most important thing that you are going to like in best wire stripping machines is their predictability. Once you know how to use the tool, you can use it without difficulties. Here are some important tips on how it can be used correctly.
Look for the wire gauge: the first thing that you have to do is to look for the gauge of the wire, which you want to strip. This can be discovered on its outermost sheathing. This is where the wires are bound together.
Match those gauges you want to strip the wires using the appropriate hole on the stripper. The hole has to be marked.
Open and seat, you have to open the stripper hand and seat that wire through the hole. Press it slowly until they are far away. Finally, you can remove and discard.
How to take care/maintenance wire stripper
The first thing that you need to know about the wire strippers is that you must stick to the manufacturer’s instructions for the machine.
The instructions provide information about how to use the stripper as well as how it can be maintained. It is not in the interest of the user to go beyond the manufacturer’s directions.
Many manufacturers would demand that you clean the wire machine after use. You must clean occasionally to ensure that it cleans the system of debris.
The more clean it is, the more efficient it would be and that would also make it last longer. After going the maintenance instructions, you can know the best way to take control of your tool.
The Bottom Line
The information provided above is going to help you to select the best wire strippers. There are various kinds on the market, and they work in different ways and they perform the same function.
If you go through this review, the burden of checking through different tools on the market is removed for you because we have provided information about the best automatic wire stripping tools.
Ten wire stripper tools were recommended for you here. Each of the strippers has its features, benefits, as well as disadvantages. You can compare and evaluate them and make your choice based on your personal preferences. If you use any of them, you are going to derive a value for your money.
Last Updated on November 19, 2019 by smartkitchenpicks