Study: Reduce Diabetes Risk by Including Coconut in Your Diet
Pizza Night is the busiest night of the week for our insy European kitchen. I get two homemade doughs all ready (which is so easy by the way, I have a recipe for it here) and when the tulip-man gets home it’s go time.
We both work away at our own pizzas, he delicately and thoughtfully placing each and every slice of mushroom, me throwing it all on the dough like the work of modern art that it is. Then we cram them into our insy European oven and crowd around the insy window to watch the magic happen.
But we’ve been having these Pizza Nights for the entire five months that I’ve lived here, and he only just dropped the bombshell on me that he doesn’t actually like pizza that much. Doesn’t like pizza?!
That’s right, he doesn’t. like. pizza. And obviously this does not mean I’m about to close down Pizza Night, but rather, I’m upping my pizza game.
Well this week I upped my game so hard with this Cheesy Roasted Grape Pizza. I first fell in love with roasted grapes a few months ago when I used them to top crispy smashed sweet potatoes with goat cheese.
Roasting them replaces their bright, citrusy flavor with a deeply sweet taste. When combined with rosemary, the aroma is so great and the taste will knock your socks off.
We’re going to salt the grapes a bit heavier than usual today because there isn’t much else adding salt in this pizza, aside from the freshly shaved parmesan cheese. The ricotta cheese provides a rich and creamy base, taking the place of traditional tomato sauce (because no, not all pizza require tomato sauce!)
Finally the mozzarella is contributing to that perfect, cheesy, gooeyness we all look for in the perfect pizza. This cheese trifecta, with the sweet and savory roasted grapes, creates a pizza that you won’t be able to get enough of!
This pizza doesn’t feel as heavy as most delivery pizzas, so it’s perfect for these warm spring and summer evenings (and almost even better the following day for lunch!) Read on for the recipe and enjoy!
Cheesy Roasted Grape Pizza
- 2 cups red grapes
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 pizza dough (homemade or store bought)
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup shaved parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Toss grapes with salt, pepper, 1 Tbsp olive oil, and rosemary leaves. Place them on a rimmed baking sheet and bake at 450 degrees F for 10 to 15 minutes, until skins begin to burst open. Take out grapes and leave the oven turned on.
- Rub 1 Tbsp of olive oil onto your pizza dough and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Spread on the ricotta then sprinkle on the other cheeses.
- Transfer roasted grapes onto the pizza, being careful not to transfer excess cooking liquid onto the pizza.
- Bake pizza on middle rack at 450 degrees F for about 10 minutes, or until it begins to lightly brown. Transfer to the top rack and broil for 1 minute, watching carefully, until cheese is brown and bubbling.
Ready to Fuel your Body like a PRO?
Get Lean & Stay Lean with the simple Fat-Loss System & Meal Plan!
(Instant Download HERE)