Last Updated on February 2, 2021 by smartkitchenpicks
How to make Decadent S’mores Cupcakes at home?
My sister and I have a fun little tradition that we do every few weeks, one that we like to call “Bakapalooza”. We live only a few streets away (we go to the same college) and meet up at my kitchen torch to get in an intense baking session and overdose on sugar.
After a good amount of planning and pinning possible recipes to our conjoined “Bakapalooza” Pinterest board, our dreams become delicious realizations amongst piles of dirty dishes and a house made toasty from the oven. I bring this up because a beautiful masterpiece stemmed from our last Bakapalooza that deserves to be shared!
And you know what!? I’m not sure if you guys are ready for a 30 minutes recipe like this.
I’m talking, a rich chocolate cupcake with a layer of delicious sweetened graham cracker to add texture. Swirls of perfectly fluffy and light chocolate frosting and a center filled with marshmallow fluff. One bite and you’re standing on soap boxes preaching about how this cupcake magic. Yumminess to the max.
While this recipe isn’t overly difficult or complicated, it is a bit more intensive. Trust me, you will reap the rewards of your labor in cupcake happiness! Your first step involves an easy cupcake to be the vessel of all your s’more toppings. I decided to go with a very simple, one-bowl chocolate recipe to simplify the process and avoid extra dirty dishes.
After mixing together your graham cracker, butter, and sugar, press the mixture into a cupcake liner and layer on the chocolate batter 2/3rds of the way full. Bake until your Decadent S’mores cupcakes come out springy to the touch and a toothpick comes out clean! After letting the cupcakes cool completely, fill a piping bag with your marshmallow fluff and insert it into the cupcake, piping in about a generous 1/2 tablespoon.
If you don’t have a piping bag (which can be found at most craft stores), no worries! Simply use a knife to cut out a small section out of the middle and use a tablespoon to measure in a portion. Then, pipe on the frosting, decorate with some mini marshmallows and chocolate, and dig in! I guarantee it will be one of the best Decadent S’mores cupcakes you’ve ever had!
In fact, I almost wish they weren’t as good. Not because I’m crazy or have nonfunctional tastebuds, but because I wish they didn’t disappear so fast! I live in a big house filled with girls and these were absolutely devoured within 2 hours. I only was able to snag one to taste test before they were gone forever. Sniffle.
A word of wisdom from this hypocrite herself: try your best to not get sick off all the components that go into this cupcake! I have one big problem whenever I bake that involves me eating my face off before I even have the final product in front of me.
You know those little cutouts you need to make to stuff the cupcake with marshmallow fluff? Guess where all those scraps go… yup. And speaking of that marshmallow fluff, guess who cleaned out the remaining fluff out of the container… yup. And that frosting? Don’t even get me started. Guilty as charged.
The one relief that came with all the Decadent S’mores cupcakes disappearing so fast is that I Wasn’t able to make myself completely sick of sugar by the end of the day! If you’re looking for an insane dessert that will make everyone praises your cupcake-making prowess, this is the recipe for you!
Grab a medium bowl for mixing and napkin to wipe off all that frosting that will inevitably be on your face and get to baking!
Decadent S’mores Cupcakes
- ⅔ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1½ cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda/baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 container marshmallow fluff
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- optional: mini marshmallows and chocolate squares
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar. Set aside.
- To make the cupcake base, mix all the wet and dry ingredients together until completely combined. In a cupcake-lined muffin tin, press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom and slightly up the sides of the tin. Fill the cupcake liners ¾ of the way full with the chocolate cupcake batter and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool.
- After the Decadent S’mores cupcakes are cooled, use a piping bag to pipe in a ½ tbsp of marshmallow frosting or use a small knife to cute a hole in the center of the cupcake before filling.
- To make the frosting, cream of tartar the butter until fluffy, then add in the vanilla, milk, cocoa powder, and powdered sugar.
- Using a piping bag or knife, ice the cupcakes and decorate with mini marshmallows and chocolate squares.
You are not failing your Diet, your Diet is failing you – keep reading to find out why 99% of mainstream cookbooks set you up for failure. So if you’re ready for a cookbook that will totally change the way you think about fat loss, plus bring a new joy of cooking into your life, it’s time that you picked up your copy of Family Friendly Fat Burning Meals.
The FFF Burning Meals Book Includes:
- – 110+ Fat Burning Recipes
- – A bonus you will receive 8 weeks of dinner menus & grocery lists
- – A bonus 27 fat burning dessert cookbooks
- – A bonus fast start guide
- – A bonus guide detailing what foods not to let your kids eat
Get Lean & Stay Lean with the simple Family Friendly Fat Burning Meals Cookbook!
(Instant Download HERE)