Do Air Fryers Work? Deep Insight of An Air fryer
Last Updated on
Everyone knows that fried foods are not good for your health, right? But anything fried I so darn tasty! You know that you shouldn't eat fried food but more often than not, the temptation gets the better of you. Well, in comes a gadget that claims that it can fry something without oil! These so-called ‘air fryer’. At least in theory sound fantastic. You can fry without using oil! That does sound a bit gimmicky, doesn't it? In this post we will try to dig down & learn do air fryers work or not.
If you have not been living under a rock for the past couple of years, you must have seen at least one of the many advertisements about these products. Have you wondered whether these air fryer as seen on TV actually work? Well, if you have, then I am here to solve that query once and for all.
How does an air fryer work?
Before we go into the details of exactly how an air fryer works, let's get one thing straight. An air fryer does not eliminate the need for oil in frying completely.
What it does, and does perfectly, is that it can fry stuff with a tiny fraction of oil compared to conventional frying. So, exactly how much less of oil are we talking here, it is a whopping 80% less! That's just amazing, isn't it?
Air fryers use a patented technology called Rapid Air Technology. There are two main parts of an air fryer. First, is a heating element on the top of the appliance, which is the opposite to traditional cookware, where the heating surface is usually below the utensil.
And the second is an exhaust fan that circulates the air through the food. The heating element produces a high heat of up to 300 degrees Celsius close to the food.
And the exhaust forces this super heated air through the food rapidly. It ensures that every part of the food is getting the same amount of heat. This closely mimics deep frying and requires significantly less fat or oil.
Additional Advantages of An Air Fryer
Another advantage of the combination of radiation from top and convection from the bottom in these fryers makes sure that the food is cooked very rapidly. As a matter of fact, it takes me just about 12 minutes to cook a bag of frozen fries!
This is way shorter that what it would take in a convection oven, and the fries are perfectly crisp!
But apart from fries, I use my air fryer to make a variety of dishes including steaks, hamburgers and even grilled cheese.
The heated air leaves the system through a filter that makes sure that your home will not fill with an oily exhaust that you normally associate with deep frying.
Why should you buy an air fryer?
Well, if you are like me and just love your fried food but are concerned about that fat content, an air fryer is a blessing right from the heavens! I can’t tell you how convenient, healthy and quick it is to make almost anything in an air fryer.
Trust me I haven’t used my deep fryer in months since I got my air fryer. But if you are still in doubt on whether you should get one, here are some reasons to why it is a great buy:
- It is healthy: An air fryer uses up to 80% less fat to actually ‘fry’ your food. If you are concerned about eating healthy (which, by the way, you should), but are not willing to give up on fried stuff, get one now.
- The food is tasty: I know the sound of fried food that is actually not fried at all can be a bit appalling. But trust me, the food that comes out of this fryer is every bit tasty as the deep-fried stuff. For the most part, my husband was not even able to distinguish it from the actually fried stuff!
- It can do multiple things: Yes, it can not only fry, it can bake, grill and even roast! And that too like a champ. Much better than your convection oven or any grill for that matter.
- It can hold some serious amount of food: If your family is big like mine, you may be surprised that the air fryer can actually cook enough for an entire family of 6 with no problems.
- Cleaning is hassle free: Cleaning a deep fryer is almost nightmarish to me. Getting rid of that burnt and rancid oil, getting rid of the sticky grime can be really frustrating. However, with an air fryer, cleaning is as easy as 1,2,3! It is coated with a non-stick coating so all you need to do is gently wash it with soap water and you are done!
Final thoughts, Do air fryers work?
Let me get right to the point, an air fryer does work! There I said it. It really ‘fries' stuff with a minimum amount of oil and the food tastes great. My air fryer has become such an integral part of my kitchen, that I can't imagine my kitchen without it.
If you want to eat healthily but are sick and tired of cutting down all the tasty stuff totally from your diet, get an air fryer. Trust me, it will change your life! If you wish to look some air fryers review, for sure our best air fryers post will satisfy your desire. If you have fascination abou Philips, consider reading our Philips air fryer review or another air fryer as seen on TV. Sources Babygearguide