Funfetti Monkey Bread Muffins – Savory Style
Last Updated on July 14, 2016 by smartkitchenpicks
Today we’re talking about dessert for breakfast or maybe breakfast for dessert. Those are really the best kind of recipes, right? I’m a huge fan of those delicious treats that are perfectly acceptable to grab on the way out the door as a quick breakfast or to satisfy your sweet tooth as a late night snack. It’s the best of both worlds and that makes me one happy girl.
And if these kinds of goodies also tickles your fancy, then you’ll love these Funfetti Monkey Bread Muffins. Soft, fluffy, and filled with cake batter flavor, these muffins come in individual servings and serve as a delicious grab ‘n go breakfast or tasty dessert. This creative take on the classic monkey bread is flavorful, fun, and delicious. And to top it off, these sweet treats are drizzled with cake batter icing.
If you’ve ever had monkey bread before, you know how addicting this dish is! I just can’t seem to stop myself from pulling apart the sweet bread and inhaling the whole plan. Please tell me I’m not the only one like that? So because I lose all self-control around this dessert (or breakfast), I decided to use portion control and make these info muffins. Pretty clever, right? And because I also love anything funfetti flavored I thought I would mash the two together and create these mouthwatering Funfetti Monkey Bread Muffins. The sweet cake batter flavor gives this already delicious treat a boost of flavor. Funfetti and cinnamon may not seem like the perfect pair, but trust me, it’s a delicious combination in this baked treat!
Warm, sweet, and oozing with cake batter flavor, these muffins are the perfect pick-me-up for when you need a little indulgence. And like most of my recipes, the prep time couldn’t be easier. I used a can of refrigerated biscuits, melted butter, and funfetti cake mix for the bread. Simply divide the biscuits, roll into small balls, dip into the melted butter, and then roll in the cake mix. Pop those into a regular sized muffin tin and top it off with some sprinkles.
Within minutes these Funfetti Monkey Bread Muffins are ready to be devoured. But before you do that, please make this tasty cake batter icing. It just makes these cuties even better, trust me! Drizzle the icing onto the muffins and get ready to be wowed. These Funfetti Monkey Bread Muffins are delicious when served while still warm. The soft bread pairs perfectly with the sweet funfetti flavor, creating an irresistible combination. And let’s not forget about the icing! Feel free to put as little or as much on these muffins as you would like. The more, the better, if you ask me!
One bite and you’ll be hooked on these muffins! The dough is soft, fluffy, and bursting with cinnamon and funfetti flavors. The smooth cake batter icing provides just the right amount of sweetness, making this treat taste oh-so decadent. I practically inhaled the entire batch, they were just too good. So the next time you’re in the mood for breakfast or dessert, whip up a batch of these Funfetti Monkey Bread Muffins! Easy to make and irresistibly sweet, this will be your new favorite treat.
Funfetti Monkey Bread Muffins
- 2 cans refrigerated biscuit dough
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup Funfetti cake mix
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ¼ cup Funfetti cake mix
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly spray a 12 count muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or line with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together brown sugar, cinnamon, and cake mix. Set aside.
- Separate dough into biscuits, which should yield 16 biscuits all together.
- Then separate each biscuit into 4 pieces and then roll each into a ball.
- Dip each piece into melted butter and then into cake mixture.
- Place 8 dough balls into each muffin tin.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly browned and cooked inside.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- While muffins are cooling, prepare the glaze.
- In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, cake mix, and milk. You may need to add more/less milk that stated to reach desired consistency.
- Drizzle glaze over warm muffins.
- Serve immediately.