This berry-licious Red, White, and Blue Smoothie is perfect for your 4th of July celebrations! Packed with strawberries, blueberries, banana, and almonds, this is a healthy drink you can whip up for the family in minutes.
How do you celebrate the 4th of July? Growing up in Alaska, the 4th of July meant driving the camper down south to the little fishing town of Homer and camping on the spit, a narrow piece of land that jutted out from the coast, always inevitably cold and windy.
The 4th of July meant bundling up around the campfire, roasting marshmallows, going out on the halibut fishing boats, and eating copious amounts of grilled food.
Then I moved to Texas, where the 4th of July meant 110 degrees Fahrenheit and if you’re outside, it better be in a cold pool with a cold drink. In Texas, the 4th of July meant tubing down the river and visiting microbreweries in Austin and walking along the Riverwalk in San Antonio.
Texas is loud and proud when it comes to the 4th of July, let me tell ya!
But now I live in the Netherlands, and I am the only person around who feels the need to cover myself in red, white, and blue apparel, wave around pom poms and flags, and say “‘MERICA” at least once an hour.
So I had to come up with another way of expressing my patriotism, in the form of this Red White and Blue Smoothie. The Dutch, whose flag is also red, white, and blue, may just think I’m being a model Dutchy.
But oh no, this drink is for celebrating the 4th of July in whichever way you know how! Whether it be while enjoying fresh caught halibut on the coast of Alaska or tubing down the river in Texas or celebrating from abroad, this smoothie is a 4th of July must.
And it’s super simple, because it’s the 4th of July and between the fireworks and grill duty, you don’t have a ton of spare time! Here’s what’s going into it.
- Red: Frozen strawberries and milk. We’re keeping it real simple with everyone’s favorite summer fruit. You can add a touch of honey if you like it sweet.
- White: Frozen banana, almond, and yogurt. This section is going to add some major sweetness + protein to this smoothie, giving you the oomph to keep celebrating all day long!
- Blue: Frozen blueberries and milk. Again, we’re keeping it simple. You don’t have time to waste!
Layer them up in a tall, clear glass and watch your guests awe in delight at the darn most patriotic smoothie they’ll drink all day.
Red White and Blue Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- ½ cup milk
- 1 banana, previously sliced and frozen
- ¼ cup vanilla yogurt
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup milk
- Blend the red ingredients, adding more milk if needed to reach a milkshake-like consistency. Taste and add a bit of honey if desired. Transfer to a glass, set in fridge, and rinse out blender.
- Blend white ingredients, adding more milk if needed to reach a similar consistency to the red smoothie. Transfer to a glass, set in fridge, and rinse out blender.
- Blend blue ingredients, adding more milk if needed to reach a similar consistency as the other two smoothies.
- Pour blue smoothie evenly into 2 large or 3 small serving glasses. Gently and slowly pour or spoon in white smoothie, then red smoothie.
- Optionally garnish with shredded coconut and berries.
You are not failing your Diet, your Diet is failing you – keep reading to find out why 99% of mainstream cookbooks set you up for failure. So if you’re ready for a cookbook that will totally change the way you think about fat loss, plus bring a new joy of cooking into your life, it’s time that you picked up your copy of Family Friendly Fat Burning Meals.
The FFF Burning Meals Book Includes:
- – 110+ Fat Burning Recipes
- – A bonus you will recieve 8 weeks of dinner menus & grocery lists
- – A bonus 27 fat burning dessert cookbook
- – A bonus fast start guide
- – A bonus guide detailing what foods not to let your kids eat
Get Lean & Stay Lean with the simple Family Friendly Fat Burning Meals Cookbook!
(Instant Download HERE)