Last Updated on January 10, 2021 by smartkitchenpicks
How to make Turkey Crunch Salad? I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and took time to enjoy some good food, family and football over the holiday! I know I did, and now I have several leftover containers of mashed potatoes, gravy, cucumber salad, stuffing and turkey staring at me every time I open the fridge.
Oh, but don’t you worry. It WILL get eaten. All of it. . . including the turkey. In fact, there are tons of great ways to use leftover turkey – so if you’re looking for some ideas, today I’m sharing a simple recipe for Turkey Salad. This salad is fantastic for a light lunch as well as elegant enough to serve dinner guests.
I think you can see where this salad gets its name from! Celery, water chestnuts and pecans combine with the cubed turkey to create a delightful crunch in each and every bite. I like using turkey breast when I make this salad. The texture of the turkey breast combined with the crunch of the other ingredients is a truly a winning combination.
Study: Reduce Diabetes Risk by Including Coconut in Your Diet
The color of the grapes brings the salad to life, and the dressing, boasting hints of curry and ginger, round out the flavor of this tasty dish. I love serving it on top of lettuce leaves. It’s a wonderful presentation and brings a lot of oohs and ahhs when you serve it.
So, what are you waiting for? Grab that leftover turkey, invite some friends over and serve this delicious salad alongside some refreshing drinks and good conversation this weekend. You’ll be glad you did!
- 1 cup cubed turkey breast
- ¼ cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 4 teaspoons chopped water chestnuts
- 3 tablespoons chopped celery
- 4 teaspoons chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- ½ teaspoon soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon curry powder
- In a small bowl, combine the turkey, grapes, celery, pecans and water chestnuts.
- In another bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Pour over the turkey mixture and toss to coat.
- Chill until ready to serve.